Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve created a tutorial guide to help you with some of the most commonly asked questions: Auction Tutorial
To bid on an item you need to create an account on our site. On the top right of the navigation bar look for register or login. Create your account and you are now ready to bid high and bid often! No credit card is needed at this time at the end of the auction you will notified of your winnings by email. At that time you will need to log in to your account and complete the transaction.
You can purchase items instantly with the “Buy it Now Feature” or make a donation immediately.
When you make your initial bid, you can set your maximum price to automatically out bid others up to your maximum set price.
Keep track of items that are of interest to you to visit later (i.e. Sunday at 12:45pm) by clicking the heart icon. Unclick to remove it or you can also delete from your watchlist page. To view your saved items select “My Watchlist” from the navigation bar (you need to be logged into your account).
The “Buy it Now” option allows you to skip the hassle of bidding, being out bid, and rebidding. With “Buy it Now” you can purchase an item at a slight premium which ends the auction cycle.
Thank you for your interest in our Fundraiser. The majority of the funds we raise each year are through the silent auction and donations. Without the ticket sales from the concert, we are counting on donations in any amount in order to fulfill our commitment to raise funds for education and programming during the 2020-21 “Season”. You can help by making a tax deductible donation here:
- By bidding in the Metropolitan, Upper & Mid Peninsula (MET/UP/MIDPEN) League’s of the San Francisco Symphony’s silent auctions, each bidder agrees to these auction rules.
- All sales are final. There will be no exchanges or refunds unless otherwise noted. All items are “as is.” The MET/UP/MIDPEN Leagues of the San Francisco Symphony has attempted to describe and catalog items correctly, but neither warrants nor represents and in no event shall be responsible for the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance or condition of the items. No statement made in this catalog, or made orally at the auction or elsewhere, shall be deemed such a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability.
- The auction item value listed is an estimate of fair market value. Items have not been appraised unless so noted. The amount you pay above this fair market value estimate is normally tax deductible as a charitable contribution. Please consult your tax adviser to clarify amount of deduction.
- Restaurant certificates do not include alcohol, tax, or gratuities unless specified.
- Payment for items purchased must be made within 24 hours of email notification. Remember, making a bid is binding, failure to pay only hurts the organization and takes the fun out of auction for those bidding in good faith.
- Please see the “RESTRICTIONS & SHIPPING” tab for any restrictions or shipping/delivery limitations.
- The MET/UP/MIDPEN League of the San Francisco Symphony reserves the right to add or withdraw items, without notice, to or from the auction.
- Unless otherwise specified, all auction gift certificates must be used within one year of the date of the auction.
- Each person bidding assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and items obtained at the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold harmless from any liability arising indirectly from the MET/UP/MIDPEN Leagues of the San Francisco Symphony their elected and appointed officials, members and employees, the auctioneer(s), the auction company and its agents and employees, the event organizers, sponsors, and/or volunteers connected with the auction.
Delivery is available to Bay Area locations only. Gift Cards and Certificates will be mailed to any U.S. address.